Is it ok to burn paper in a wood burner?

It's safe to use a small amount of black and white newspaper if the fire needs a boost, but it should be anchored under the wood. When paper burns, sometimes the pieces can float up and out of the chimney if it's not covered, creating a potential fire hazard. Magazines and treated paper, such as coated paper and colored paper, may seem harmless, but they should never be used to start a fire in a fireplace or wood stove. The burning of many of these special papers will release harmful fumes that will increase the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Also, do not use lint from the dryer to turn on. Use newspaper or plain crumpled paper as firewood. If you're looking for a quick way to start a fire without puncturing or puncturing it, you can use twigs, bark from logs, small pieces of wood, or dry grass. Black-and-white newspapers can also work well when placed under firewood.

Another reason not to burn paper products is that burning pieces of paper can float up and out of an open chimney and cause a fire. To keep your chimney and chimney safe and working properly, you should avoid throwing trash and paper (especially colored and bright paper) into the chimney. These materials contain chemicals that are toxic when burned. You can use a small amount of traditional newspaper as firewood if needed.

Wet wood: Wood with a moisture content greater than 20% is not a suitable fuel, as it creates high levels of creosote, which can affect the overall efficiency of the stove and even cause chimney fires. When wet wood burns, a smoldering fire is created that also produces much more creosote than dry or cured wood.

Nelson Hillered
Nelson Hillered

General bacon practitioner. Award-winning tv expert. Hipster-friendly introvert. Evil twitter guru. Infuriatingly humble twitter trailblazer. Typical pop culture trailblazer.